What is the Console Light Bulb all about?
The console light bulb is designed to provide a small amount of light to aid in finding items stored in the center console. The console light bulb is mounted inside the console and protected by a plastic lens. A small switch is activated when the console is closed, shutting the bulb off. When the console is opened again, this switch energizes the bulb and illuminates the inside of the console.
Just as the dome light works for your security when the door is opened, the console light provides security for belongings and keeps articles visible and easy to retrieve from the center console.
Keep in mind:
- The console light bulb is important because it illuminates belongings in the center console when opened.
- The console light bulb aids in finding items stored in the center console at night.
How it's done:
- The console light bulb is verified that it needs to be replaced. The console is removed for access as required.
- The defective console light bulb is removed from its socket cavity by pulling out or with a quarter turn.
- The new console light bulb is installed in reverse order. The console is then reinstalled,
- The console light bulb is tested for operation.
- The vehicle is tested to ensure proper operation of the console lights.
If you suspect the console light bulb has failed, or is about to fail, ask one of our expert mechanics to inspect it and replace the part if necessary. There are several possible causes to a failed console light bulb, such as a blown fuse or rusty connector. Our expert mechanic will determine the cause, replace the bulb, and make sure the part is working correctly.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Console Light Bulb?
- Interior of center console does not illuminate when opened
- Console light bulb only works intermittently
How important is this service?
While the console light bulb may seem like an optional item to some drivers, a traffic check point or urgent situation may require you to be able to see and find your belongings quickly. Have the center console light replaced at your earliest convenience.