What is the Heater Hoses all about?
Your heater hoses allow your car cooling and heating systems to work properly. A running engine produces a lot of heat, which must be dissipated to prevent engine damage. Your heater hoses transport engine coolant (antifreeze) throughout the engine and transfers the heat that isn’t needed in your engine compartment to either the passenger cabin of your vehicle or through the radiator to be released into the atmosphere.
Keep in mind:
- Your heating system is a vital part of your car because it keeps you warm while cooling your engine.
- If your car is running hot, it might not be your heater hoses – any number of cooling components can cause an engine to overheat.
How it's done:
- The vehicle's hood is opened and supported
- The coolant is drained and defective heater hose is removed
- The new heater hose is installed
- The coolant is filled and vehicle is started
- The repair is verified and the hoses are checked for leaks
You should never overlook a car heating problem. If your car is running hot or cold, there could be a problem with the heater hoses. You should have the problem diagnosed by our expert mechanics, who will perform any necessary repairs. Note that when your car runs hot, this can be due to the failure of many different car cooling components.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Heater Hoses?
- Your engine runs hot
- The engine temperature doesn’t reach operating temperature
- The radiator is leaking fluid
How important is this service?
Overheating can lead to very serious problems, such as cracked engine blocks. If you notice any of the problems stated above, first make sure that your car radiator is full of coolant. If it is, and the car is still overheating, have one of our expert mechanics inspect it immediately.