What is a Windshield Wiper Motor all about?
A windshield wiper consists of a pivoting arm with a long rubber blade. The wiper motor is an electrical device that moves the wiper blades automatically for better visibility in all weather conditions.
How it's done:
- Inspect the wiper system.
- Test the fuse for that circuit.
- Test for power and ground at the motor.
- Remove and replace the faulty motor.
- Test for proper operation of the wipers.
If the wipers do not turn on, have your wiper system inspected as soon as possible for safe driving in inclement weather.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Windshield Wiper Motor?
- Windshield wipers do not move or move too slowly.
- Windshield wipers do not turn off.
- Windshield wipers operate on only one speed.
- Windshield wipers do not stop in the correct position.