Q: A smell is Coming from the hood of my car

Smoke under the hood under the bottom or my car

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2005 Ford Focus. Without additional detail this may be difficult to diagnose without physically inspecting the car. There are a number of smells that could come from the car, combined with smoke such as a fire or overheating related to a blown head gasket. Assuming this was not a fire, a blown head gasket can cause this kind of a smell and smoke to come from the car. When your car overheats as a result of a blown head gasket, the smoke coming from the engine is often times the coolant leaking into the engine and causing it to burn with the fuel which is what causes the smoke (normally a white smoke). Once the car cools down, check the oil to see if you find any traces of water in it. Also, check the coolant to see if you find any trace of oil in it. If either of these are true, it may be very likely you have a blown cylinder head gasket. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose the smell from your car and make necessary repairs.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籗ave up to 30%