Q: So I bought my wife a 2016 malabu and out of no where the battery saver light came could it be the same as the cruz

Ok the battery saver light just starts to come on Could it be a bad alternator or bad cell in the battery

Hello, thanks for writing in. Both the battery and the alternator may be at fault. The light turns on any time low voltage is detected. That being said, both are easy enough to test. Most automotive parts stores will test both the alternator and the battery for free. Since the battery is easiest to remove, take it in to have it tested first. If it tests to be okay, then you know the alternator is to blame. Batteries are more likely to fail, and considering the age of the vehicle, it is unlikely the alternator has already failed. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. So I bought my wife a 2016 malabu and out of no where the battery saver light came could it be the same as the cruz