Q: Engine was just replaced in my car but the check engine light is on. Is this something that has to be reset by driving the car?

motor replaced but the check engine is still on. does this reset when driven? i do not want to pay the mechanic idk the work was not done correctly

The Check Engine Light is on if the light was not reset after work was done, or it came on again due to encountering another problem. If you just had the engine replaced, then have the system scanned to see what is causing the light to come on. There may simply be something that was left loose or a sensor problem that needs to be repaired. You may have a problem that may hurt the new motor, so it would be best to have the Check Engine Light looked at as soon as you can.

• Engine was just replaced in my car but the check engine light is on. Is this something that has to be reset by driving the car?