Q: Why are my headlights not getting as bright as they should be.

asked by on April 13, 2017

My Car headlights are not lighting to a satisfactory distance. I hardly can see far when driving in a dark road. This started after I replaced my broken headlights, with new ones; although everything physically looks just fine. To add to it, the nob that increases or reduces the distance with which the light can go does not seem to change anything when I try to add or reduce.

please help

Hello. The most common reasons why headlights don’t get bright enough are that they either a lack of voltage in the circuit, the wrong size bulb, or the lens of the headlight is oxidized or faded. If this occurred right after the lights were replaced I would suspect that the wrong bulbs were used. If they are correct then I would test the circuit to see if the voltage is right. If that is fine then the lens on the headlamp may be faulty. These things would need to be checked.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr