Q: Rev Counter Problem

Hi I am driving a polo gti 2012 model I just need your assistant when I accelerate my rev counter stops at 4.but when I reach 120km it just stop between 2 & 3 .

Hello. Your vehicle will automatically shift at different points in time, at different speeds in order to maximize power and response. At lower speeds the gears will hold longer, until 4k rpm, and shift later, in order to accelerate at higher rate of speed. At higher speeds, 120 kmph and more, the vehicle is already traveling at a high rate of speed, and for this reason will shift sooner, as the power required to accelerate at a vehicle changes according to the gear and rate of engine speed. When cruising, that is coming to and maintaining a certain speed, the transmission will hold the vehicle at a lower engine speed to maximize fuel efficiency. If the vehicle is driving fine, only the gauge appears to be acting up, then it may be possible that there is an issue with the gauge, or perhaps the sensors that feed it signal. If the vehicle is not shifting properly then it may be possible that the vehicle is experiencing some sort of transmission or engine performance issues, at which point I would recommend you have a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing your possible shifting or transmission problems.