Q: How do I cancel a remote start?

How do I cancel a remote start?

You can cancel a remote start at any point by pressing the Remote Start button once.

Problems with my truck slowing down.

The service engine soon message is not normal even if it has been on. One fault code can trigger the light and more codes can pop up while the light is on. If you smell a burning smell after driving...

Replacing pinion bearing on a 2002 Ford Explorer

Yes, why not get a used unit? Unfortunately, replacing those pinion things is a very complex and involved job. You need years of experience for a job like this. Now, sometimes I would take the differential off of a...

RPM surge when using turn signal

I would not delay repairing the fuel leak. With that long host of symptoms, I would enlist the help a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come out and diagnose all the issues. The code stored for the...

How do you create a MyKey?

While the keys to your car have to be programmed to work with the ignition and the computer by a professional, you can create your own MyKey (or keys). Here’s what you need to know: Crank the car with...

How do you activate the daytime running lights?

Some models are equipped with a supplemental daytime running light system. Essentially, this system turns on the headlights at a dimmer setting than what’s used at night to provide visibility for other drivers during the day. It’s particularly helpful for...

How do I defrost the windows?

The Defrost helps you defog your windshield by using heated air from the heater onto the windshield. To turn the Defrost on: Press the Defrost button located on the climate control panel. Press the Rear Defroster/Heated Mirrors button and...

How does the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) indicator work?

The SRS indicator is tied to your car’s air bag system and provides important information for drivers about the condition of the system. The SRS light should flash on briefly immediately after cranking the engine and then go...

How do I view Gauge mode?

In the Uplevel Message Center, there is a feature called Gauge mode. Gauge mode helpfully shows some of your vehicle's stats as a graphic. To view the options in Gauge mode. Use the Up or Down arrow keys on...

How do you use the “Max A/C” setting?

Your car is equipped with both standard Air Conditioning and a “Max A/C” setting. While the regular air conditioner will keep you comfortable at highway speeds, you may need to use the “Max A/C” setting if it’s extremely hot outside...