Q: Flex pipe?

asked by on December 28, 2017

I need a flex pipe for my 2007 Dodge Charger 3.5L, how do I know what size diameter I need? Does it matter if I get a 1.75 or 2 in? Will the welder be able to weld it just fine if I get either?

Based on the diagrams for your car, it looks like you will need a flex pipe with slip fit ends that will accommodate 2.25 inch OD steel exhaust pipe. You can confirm that by measuring the OD of the undamaged section at either end of the existing flex connection. If the pipe OD is 2.25 then just select the flex segment that you can fit 2.25 inch pipe into. These are standard sizes so you will find it readily. Be sure that the rest of the pipe is not also deteriorated as it sometimes makes more sense to buy the entire segment that already includes the flex component. Otherwise, you may have to re-visit the repair, in a nearby section of pipe. If you want a second opinion and a quote to get your exhaust leak repaired, just request service using YourMechanic’s exhaust leak diagnostic/repair service page. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this repaired very economically and right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.