Q: Vibration sound!

asked by on September 29, 2016

My car has a loud vibration kind of sound when I'm accelerating it doesn't actually vibrate it's just that kind of sound extremely loud coming from the front passenger side I can't tell if it's by the motor or the wheel! Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. I believe that the most likely cause of your issue would be a faulty engine mount. This seems to be somewhat of a common problem on the Ford Focus. The engine mounts are made of rubber and when the rubber gets weak and is unable to support the vibrations that come from the engine any longer, the whole car will start to vibrate. I would recommend having all of your engine and transmission mounts checked by a certified automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine which has worn out.