Q: Exhaust flex pipe needs replacement

My exhaust flex pipe is damaged. I need it replaced and want to buy a new one. There are many different sizes on the internet that claims to fit a 2005 Nissan Sentra. I have no idea which one to buy. Ive already bought the wrong size and sent it back. I looked under the car and measured that its approximately 7-8 inches long. I dont know what the diameter would be. I have two questions. 1. What size will the replacement be? Diameter and length. 2. Am I able to buy just the flex pipe or do I have to replace the whole exhaust pipe?

The exhaust flex pipe may be different for different models and time of manufacture of the vehicle. You may have to replace the front exhaust pipe or weld in a new flex pipe. All of them are around 7 or 8 inches long, but have different sizes and types of connections. If you need assistance with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your exhaust system and help you proceed with the next steps.

3. Exhaust flex pipe needs replacement