Q: Humming sound on the left of the car

asked by on August 09, 2017

I have a 2005 Ford Mustang v6 4.0 I bought the car with a bad wheelbearing on the left side. so I had the wheel bearing replaced and it was still making a humming sound like a wheelbearing. I came to see that the line in front of my steering rack Is smashed and there is a hole in my steering rack. Would this make my car hum while in Motion or would it be something else and if so what would it be because I already replaced the wheel bearing

You should check the tires for uneven wear on the tread that will make a chop on the tread. If the tread is rough then it will make a hum noise and get louder as speed increases. Try to rotate tires to see if noise moves to back.