Q: Can I drive my 2004 Acura TSX with a bad AC compressor

asked by on June 09, 2017

Not sure if my ac compressor went out...but if it did. Can I still drive my car. I don't have the funds to get it fixed at the moment.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

AC Compressor Replacement $653.49 - $2953.17 Get a Quote

Hello. Depending on what is wrong with the compressor will determine if it can be driven with it. If the compressor is simply not functioning and cooling the vehicle then you would be fine to drive it. If the pulley bearing is failing then the compressor will need to be replaced as that will end up breaking the belt on the engine. When you are ready to have your compressor replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your compressor] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/ac-compressor-replacement

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr