Q: Ford Explorer sport not shifting/running right.

I have a 2014 Ford Explorer sport I purchased brand new. It has always run great for me. However about 2 weeks ago I was pulling out of a gas station It felt as if it slipped gears, and I got a warning message about my terrain managmebt system, which then wouldn't allow me to change the setting. However, after turning the car off and back on the warning went away and I was able to use it again. But since this happened, the Explorer has been driving super sluggish, sometimes even feeling like it wants to stall. It feels as if it is not shifting gears at the correct time. Also if you hit the gas pretty good, it gives almost no response, and feels like it wants to just die out. I had an issue with moisture in the turbo cooler before, which felt a little similar but not quite.

Hi there. Thanks for writing into YourMechanic.com about your Ford Explorer. It’s possible that you have a transmission speed sensor or other sensor that is sending inaccurate information to the ECU, or you have a mechanical issue inside the transmission. Due to the complexity of trying to diagnose an issue like this, it’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.