Q: My car overheated then died i got it started and drove to my house on the way it started making a loudticking noise and when i acc

My car over heated and died i jumped it and drove home on the way it started making a loud ticking sound and when i accelerate it take a while to get going and the ticking gets faster. Can u tell me what it is

Hello, and thank you for writing in. To begin we need to determine what made the vehicle overheat, and solve that issue first. The ticking may be caused by the oil, which is subject to issues when overheated, and can get mixed with coolant if the head gasket has blown. For that reason, start by checking both the oil and the coolant. If there are any signs that the two are mixing (milky looking oil), then you need to look at replacing the head gasket. You may also want to check the water pump, thermostat, fans, radiator, and the oil system (as it helps to regulate engine temperature). Be careful driving until this is resolved. Overheating the engine will destroy it, and you want to avoid doing it again. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car overheated then died i got it started and drove to my house on the way it started making a loudticking noise and when i acc