Q: Stalling when driving, idling is rough, and gas seems to be use up quickly. It also hesitates when accelerating. There's no Check Engine Light on.

My car stalls when driving no check engine light hesitate when acceleration gasoline seems to be use quickly rpm gauge drops of don't know if its the map sensor or crankshaft postion sensor

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor or mass air flow sensor. As you may know, the mass air flow sensor monitors the air flow into the intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to entering the motor. When this is not working properly or is dirty, this can cause an imbalance in the air/fuel mixture causing rough idling and hesitation at acceleration points.

This may also be caused by a bad throttle position sensor which is a sensor that monitors the position of your foot on the pedal which is translated into a specific amount of fuel to be provided to the engine. When this is not working properly, this can also cause intermittent signals to be sent to the fuel injection resulting in this kind of hesitation when trying to accelerate.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle and diagnose what is causing this stalling issue.

• Stalling when driving, idling is rough, and gas seems to be use up quickly. It also hesitates when accelerating. There's no Check Engine Light on.