Q: Q: my '65 F 100 lurches only when driven slowly. asked by Sandy W on January 21, 2017 My '65 F100, 4 on the floor, lurches when I

Q: my '65 F 100 lurches only when driven slowly. asked by Sandy W on January 21, 2017 My '65 F100, 4 on the floor, lurches when I drive slowly. It drives beautifully at high speeds, like when I have constant foot pressure on the gas pedal. Going through town on the other hand, when your foot is hoovering over the pedal, and lightly pressing it, my truck lurches quite a bit to the point that I often pop it in neutral and coast when I can. Sometimes I hear the drive train getting yanked around when I can't coast through town and am forced to let it lurch at low speeds. My truck has 300000 miles. My truck has a manual transmission.

Hi there. In most cases, the lurching problem is due to the forward running clutch pack is not engaging until pressure is high. You will need to have transmission rebuilt to repair the transmission. Since you have an older truck, you can rebuild the one you have or replace with a remanufactured transmission / clutch. Unfortunately, this is not a service our mobile mechanics offer.

3. Q: my '65 F 100 lurches only when driven slowly. asked by Sandy W on January 21, 2017 My '65 F100, 4 on the floor, lurches when I