Q: Liftgate opens then bounces up and down then closes back. What causes this?

Lift gate stopped working and now I am able to open it, but it automatically wants to shut back agin. It opens completely then it bounces a few times and then shuts completely. What would be causing this?

A: The rear door has built in sensors and powe...

The rear door has built in sensors and power motors that work together to close the door automatically when you push the close button. If there is a shorted button then this could cause it to close again as soon as it is opened. I recommend keeping children and your hands away from the door until it is fixed. Make sure the inside controls on the display are set correctly by the owners manual to the rear door operation. I'd suggest you get this checked out by a qualified technician who can diagnose the issue with your lift gate and make the necessary repairs.