Q: My truck is shaking. The transmission is causing it.

asked by on December 12, 2016

What would cause the transmission to shake when accelerating over 40 miles per hour

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $445.00 Get a Quote

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.