Q: Car turn off when I stop at traffic light

It started out by not starting after I filled up with gas. Now as I am driving my car will turn off when I stop at stop sign or red light.

If your vehicle is equipped with an idle air control valve or the throttle body is very dirty, these situations can caused the vehicle to stall. The idle air control valve will allow air to enter the engine when the throttle plate is closed and can adjust air flow for the proper idle speed. The crankshaft or camshaft position sensors are also items that can cause a stall when they fail. consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your stalling concerns to offer a more personal diagnosis and an estimate for the proper repairs.