Q: I have a new 2015 Subaru Crosstrek and haven't had an oil change yet. No alerts have come on yet

I have 2015 Subaru Crosstrek bought new when should I get oil change? Haven't had alert on it yet or reminder

A: Subaru does not recommend leaving the engin...

Subaru does not recommend leaving the engine oil in longer than 6 months (or 6,000 miles, whichever comes first). So you are definitely overdue on an oil change based on the time criteria. Subaru recommends 100% synthetic oil. Although it’s been a year, you are probably OK as you drove less than 4,000 miles. The concern is the additive package in engine oils do degrade just as a function of time and part of that additive package is made up of chemicals that neutralize acids and other corrosive compounds that eat away at engine metals. YourMechanic can change your oil and filter right at your home. Let us know if you have other maintenance needs or questions.