Q: When should I replace my tires?

When should I replace my tires?

A: It’s important that you keep a close eye on...

It’s important that you keep a close eye on your tires so that you can replace them when necessary, before they become a hazard to your safety. Here’s what you should look for that may indicate you need to replace your tires:

• Low Tread – If the tread is low and the wear indicators are showing, have your tires replaced.

• Sidewall Damage – Cuts, cracks and other damage to the sidewall may require replacement of the tire(s).

• Repeated Flat Tires – If the same tire is regularly low on air or goes flat more than once, have it replaced.

• Edge Wear – If your tires have serious edge wear (on the inside edge, outside edge or both), have them replaced.

Tips

• Having your tires rotated and inspected regularly will help you keep up with replacement.

• Always replace tires two at a time or four at a time.

• Always replace your tires with a size rated for your vehicle.

• Never use mismatched tire sizes.