Q: I have a 2015 Ford F-150 2800 miles on it. Transfer case output shaft seal started leaking. Dealer covered it under factory warra

I have a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat with 2800 miles on it. The transfer case output shaft seal started leaking. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty. Second day after I got it back its leaking again. Why would it start leaking again on the second day after the repair? I have to make a appointment to take it back again.

This can happen due to a few reasons. It’s possible there was a manufacturing issue/defect with the seals. They could have not only gotten into the production line, but the parts supply network as well. Another issue can be the seat that the seal sits in on the transfer case. The bore may have been made improperly during production, causing the seal to not do it’s job properly - seal the output shaft drive. Another cause could be the output shaft itself. If there is a slight imbalance to it, it can cause the seal to wear irregularly and quickly. If the second trip does not bring a repair that works, find the customer service contact information in your owner’s manual and get them involved.

3. I have a 2015 Ford F-150 2800 miles on it. Transfer case output shaft seal started leaking. Dealer covered it under factory warra