Q: Car drifts when driving.

I think I have a problem with the control arm, or the rack and pinion, but I am not sure. The car drifts on its own and the steering wheel is very pliable.

A: Hi, it sounds like you may have something w...

Hi, it sounds like you may have something worn out in the front end. It could be a ball joint control arm, or tie-rod end. If it was the steering box (rack and pinion) you may have a lot of play in the steering. Therefore, I don't believe this is your problem. I would recommend a technician such as one from YourMechanic come out and inspect the front end on the car and if it is as bad as you are saying, then it shouldn't be hard to find. He can jack the car up and get underneath and inspect and test various component in the steering.