Q: Coolant shooting from passenger side of the water pump

asked by on November 20, 2016

Coolant is shooting out from the passenger side of my water pump I replaced the gaskets a few days ago and this problem just occurred, is it the water pump itself of the gaskets? Or do I have a bigger problem?

Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1147.02 Get a Quote
Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When you had the water pump replaced the surface on the engine block most likely did not have all the old gasket material removed. I would recommend having the water pump replaced and both surfaces cleaned thoroughly by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic. The mechanic will make sure all surfaces are clean and smooth then install the new pump with a new gasket using the correct ultra grey sealer on all surfaces to make sure it seals good. Let vehicle sit for an hour before adding coolant to let sealer start to harden up. Once done then recheck system for leaks.

Hello:

It could be multiple issues ranging from the water pump being cracked, the gaskets not properly installed or coolant hoses attached to the water pump that are cracked or may be loose. The best way to start diagnosing this issue is to double check all connections first, then inspect the hoses to see if they are cracked. If you can’t see anything specific, contact a professional mobile mechanic to complete a car is leaking coolant inspection; so they can determine what’s wrong and recommend the right repairs to get your truck running strong again.