Q: Engine noise when accelerating

When accelerating at a normal rate or extremely fast (not typically when slow) when my engine reaches around 3k-3.5k rpm. There will be a weird grinding sound for about another 4-5 hundred rpm and then the engine will run fine. There are no performance changes when this happens. Only the sound

A: Hi there. The concern you have for the engi...

Hi there. The concern you have for the engine noise may not be coming from the engine. The accessory components (water pump, power steering pump, a/c compressor, belt tensioner pulley, idler pulley) could be where the grinding noise is coming from. Since there appears to be no performance change is a good thing! It’s difficult to say where the noise could be coming from, without hearing the noise. If you can duplicate the noise, by bringing the rpm up (briefly) without driving it, that would help isolate the noise. You could remove the accessory drive belt(s) and identify if, noise is still there. The grinding noise your vehicle experiences upon acceleration needs to be fixed soon. I recommend having an inspection performed by a certified technician from YourMechanic.