Q: My car wouldn't start until I sprayed some starter spray

All the panel lights work when I turn the ignition switch on. It just wouldn't start until I sprayed some starter spray in 2003 alero

My car has an automatic transmission.What could this issue be?

Hello. Typically when one has the results you have with starter spray, you are facing a fuel issue. Did the vehicle continue to run after it started, or did the vehicle start for a moment and then stall? When you turn the key to the "On" position before starting it, can you hear the fuel pump priming? It will sound like a faint "whirling" sound. You will need to listen carefully, but no sound may mean that you have to replace the pump. You may want to hook up an in-line fuel gauge after the filter in order to see what the available fuel pressure at the injectors is. If it is low the pump or the filter may to be blame. Fuel injectors can also cause similar symptoms, and you will need to look there next if the pump and filter check out. Test the fuel pressure and pump, and then the injectors if you need to.

3. My car wouldn't start until I sprayed some starter spray