Q: Truck wont start gives check engine light ran fine yesterday

What makes 2008 silverado truck all of sudden show check engine and won't start

Hi there. The Check Engine Light is a warning system that illuminates when an OBD-II error code is triggered. There are literally hundreds of possible reasons why the Check Engine will light up. In most cases, this is caused by a sensor that has failed, an idle control valve or ignition control module that has broken. In order to determine the exact source of your engine starting troubles on your Silverado, you might want to contact one of our mechanics who can complete a Check Engine Light inspection which will permit them to download those OBD-II error codes and pinpoint the source of your troubles.