Q: Can you give me a thourough step by step on how to replace the drivers side cv axle on my 2015 dodge dart sxt

asked by on September 30, 2017

Looking to replace the drivers side cv axle assembly in my car wanting a good informational step by step on how to

Axle / CV Shaft Assembly Replacement $201.91 - $1059.58 Get a Quote

Hi...unfortunately, this is not a procedure that can be summarized in a brief space. Even prior to contemplating the job, you will need a calibrated torque wrench and the tightening specification for all removed bolts, particularly the axle hub nut (which if you tighten improperly will ruin your wheel bearing). In addition, it is not just the axle involved in a job such as this. Anytime you remove the axle, the transmission output shaft seal should be replaced. Otherwise, if you re-use the old seal you run the risk of transmission fluid leaks. I would say if you do not have the Factory Shop Manual at hand (which has the details on the procedure) your least cost option is going to be mobile replacement and you can get an instant, itemized quote by simply using YourMechanic’s axle shaft replacement service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr