Q: 2006 Mazda 3 makes a hum sound when accelerating. Sound is louder at higher speeds but stops when car is out in neutral and still

asked by on June 20, 2017

The car makes a loud hum when accelerating, gets louder the higher the speed. Seems like it's wanting to give out the faster you go, like as if it doesn't have enough power. The car doesn't make the sound when idle or when placed into neutral while rolling.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the humming sound is coming from your vehicle while it’s in gear, then the likely source is the transmission. It is possible that CV joints or wheel bearings might also be the source of your problem, but those typically make noise all the time. It would probably be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr