Q: I have lowered my VW T5 van and there is a knocking noise coming from somewhere. Can you help in telling me what could be causing

asked by on February 08, 2017

I have lowered my VW T5 van and there is a knocking noise coming from the front somewhere. Can you help in telling me what could be causing this, thank you.

Hi there. Depending on how you lowered your VW and if the knocking sound occurred right after this process was completed would factor in what might be causing the noise. Altering factory suspension is never recommended; as it typically creates more problems than benefits. The knocking sound could be caused by a loose component that was not properly secured or tightened, brake calipers that are hitting the inside of wheels, or other suspension components. It’s probably best for you to consult with a VW performance shop as a certified mechanic would recommend replacing the altered suspension components with OEM. If you cut the coils, or physically altered the factory suspension, that usually ends up in major repairs.