Q: How do I set the memory seat and other memory settings?

How do I set the memory seat and other memory settings?

A: If equipped, your vehicle can hold two diff...

If equipped, your vehicle can hold two different memory settings at any one time. These settings can control seat position and angle, pedal position, radio station, and side view mirror adjustment. They can also be operated with the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter. Programing your memory settings takes a few steps.

1. Turn your key to the “ON” position.

2. Locate the memory buttons on the outside of your seat, next to the power seat adjusters (if equipped). There will be two memory buttons, labeled “1” and “2”. Press whichever one you want to program. If the button is already programmed, then wait while the adjustments take place.

3. Adjust the seat, pedals, side view mirrors, and radio to your desired settings.

4. Turn the ignition off, and take the key out of the ignition switch.

5. Press the “S” button, located in between the “1” and the “2” buttons, and then release.

6. Within the next five seconds, press “1” or “2” again, depending on which number you are programming.

7. Press the lock button on your RKE transmitter.

8. Re-insert the key into the ignition, and turn the ignition back to “ON.”

9. Turn on the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC), and select the “Remote Linked to Memory” option, then follow the instructions.

Then, when you unlock your vehicle with that RKE transmitter, all your preferred settings will be in place for you.