Q: Can't turn off immobilizer on 2002 Jetta 2.0l.

Recently installed water pump on vw jetta. Accidentally installed timing gear one tooth off. Reset timing to original setting. Car began to stall two days after water pump install. Battery was dead/replaced. Immobilizer light prevents car from running for more than two seconds then shuts off. Tried resetting computer in multiple ways. Leave battery unplugged for four hours, connect battery (with charger) leave key in on position for thirty minutes to see if immo light turns off. Immo light turns on as soon as key is in on position.

The Immobilizer System Control has failed and is stuck in lock mode. I recommend either flashing the Immobilizer System Control or replacing it. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Can't turn off immobilizer on 2002 Jetta 2.0l.