Q: Valve cover/gasket replaced car is now shuddering I shop liable

asked by on October 07, 2016

The car went in with engine light on for burning smell. Was running fine. Replaced valve cover/gasket set(felpro). Cost was $160+6hrs labour. Car now shudders and seems to have other issues. Mechanic says sensors now picking up other problems? Don't know how to approach problem,can you advise? Did we over pay and was labour a bit long?

The labor to replace the valve cover gaskets should only be 3.0 hours. The list dealer list price for gaskets are only $50. It sounds like you were charged double of what you should of been charged. You most likely have a misfire from a bad plug or plug wire or the repair was not done correct. I recommend having a different mechanic diagnose this issue and provide you with a quote for service. If you’d like, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your home or place of business to perform a Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection.