Q: My dash electric system is shot. Any Ideas what to fix?

I have no dash board lights, My temp and oil gage don't work anymore and my turn signal indicators don't work. When I turn the dash board dimmer switch to try and turn on the cab lights the old chevy warning buzzer goes off until i turn the switch back off. I have checked every fuse and they are all working.

Hi There, It sounds like your instrument cluster needs to be replaced. Like many other elements of your vehicle, the modern instrument cluster is electronic, and requires voltage in order to operate. The instrument cluster consumes less power than batteries do (Batteries use around six volts). You may also have a faulty voltage regulator which regulates the voltage to the instrument cluster. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your truck.

3. My dash electric system is shot. Any Ideas what to fix?