Q: Car starts but won't stay on unless pressing on the gas no engine light on

asked by on August 28, 2017

Car will start but won't stay on unless pressing on the gas no engine light on and when you put it in drive you can't use the break

The engine is stalling and that could be due to a faulty idle air control valve, mass air flow sensor, a vacuum leak or a myriad of other causes. Mechanical causes of such stalling include valve timing and valve condition and cylinder compression. You can have the cause(s) of this problem pinpointed if you request an idle out of range/rough idle diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.