Q: overheating issue with my vehicle.

The battery light came on when I got work and I parked it for 8 hours and on my way home it overheated and the heat didn't work. The coolant level is at the minimum line but it's not leaking coolant anywhere.

Hi there. If the reservoir is on the add line and is low but there is no coolant to be found anywhere, check the engine oil to see if its milky. If the oil is normal color, then the coolant may have blown out the expansion tube as the cooling system got hot. Either the reservoir cap seal is not working or the thermostat is sticking. Replace the reservoir cap and see if the engine continues to overheat. If so, then I recommend replacing the thermostat. The heater is not working as the thermostat is sticking shut causing the coolant to go into the by-pass hose returning back to the radiator. If you need further assistance with your vehicle overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. overheating issue with my vehicle.