Q: steady ticking sound from ac compressor

This video that I found mimics what is happening under the hood of my car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbAzad8GqPQ

A: Hey there. The one in the video has a major...

Hey there. The one in the video has a major problem with the pulley bearing getting ready to seize up. You can hear the noise when the A/C compressor turns off. These bearings will start to spin on the front nose of the compressor and will ruin the compressor also. If you remove the outer clutch and then the clip to hold the clutch pulley on, it will not slide off using a rubber hammer to help a little. If it will not come off, then you have spun on the compressor and the entire compressor and clutch assembly will need to be replaced. If you would like to have your specific case diagnosed, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to thoroughly inspect the ticking sound firsthand and advise on the correct repair.