Q: Intake Camshaft Position Timing

asked by on October 04, 2016

How serious is the intake camshaft position timing to the functioning of your car?

Hello. This is one of the most important aspects of your engine. If the cam timing is off enough it can keep the engine from running and even cause catastrophic engine damage. If the timing is just slightly off, then most of the time it just causes a power loss or some rough idling. Either way the problem needs to be diagnosed and repaired to prevent further damage. If you are planning on having this camshaft timing problem looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.