Q: resetting blend air actuator

Replaced blend air actuator. Now vent control only blows to defrost vent. Vent control will not switch to Access vents or floor vents. I replaced actuator because the other one was clicking when you would start the car. The new one isn't clicking but will not control the other vents. I've heard that there is a reset procedure, but can't find out what it is.

The a/c door actuators do not need programming. I think what happened is the door was in the incorrect position when you put in the actuator. What you need to do is remove the actuator and leave the actuator electrical connection connected then turn on the ignition and move the a/c control to the defrost position and then install the actuator. Once it is installed then the door should work correctly.

3. resetting blend air actuator