Q: purchase a used certified car?

Is 46000 too many miles on a 2016 Tucson before timing chain will wear out,to consider purchasing. There are other used cars around with less mileage

Both engines that were used in the 2016 Tuscon were equipped with maintenance-free silent timing chain systems. Consequently, there is no recommended replacement (mileage) interval and, indeed, the timing chain could outlast the car unless the engine is abused. As far as the mileage, it is a low mileage vehicle regardless of whether the miles accumulated at a faster "rate" (miles per year). Of more concern, in terms of making a wise used car choice, is the actual, as found condition of the car and whether there is any damage, past accidents or excess wear and tear. A good way to protect yourself in a used car transaction is to request a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. That inspection of the specific vehicle you want to purchase, carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched to your location, will give you very specific data regarding any current problems that the car has. If you need further assistance, or to schedule an inspection, please do not hesitate for a moment to re-contact YourMechanic and we will assist you further in your attempts to make a wise used vehicle purchase.

3. purchase a used certified car?