Q: Oil consumption

Oil light flashed. It was due for maintenance. Flashed one time again. Was down 3 and 1/2. Qts light did not stay on to indicate that kind of problem drive way pavement is dry no sign of a leak

In order to find out if an engine is consuming excessive oil through the normal combustion process you will need to have a fresh oil change done. The vehicle engine checked and any oil leaks repaired and vehicle driven for 1000 miles and the oil level checked and see how low the engine is on oil. If you used 1 quart or less in the 1000 miles then the manufacturer considers this an acceptable amount. If you are using more than a quart then you may have piston rings that are not sealing out the oil and engine would need overhauled.