Q: Long trip

asked by on April 21, 2016

You think my car can make it on this trip? Im going from nashville to panama city, i change spark plugs, and cables, engine oil, filter, air filter, and i also change the tires, did a aligment and balance, does a car gets tired of driving more than 5 hour straight??

Hi Pedro,

This is a difficult question to answer because I am unable to determine the condition of your particular car. Generally speaking, a well maintained car that is operating properly should have absolutely no problem completing a 5 hour drive, or even a 20 hour drive. At that point it just how long you can stand being behind the wheel, as driving long distance can become very uncomfortable and tiring. It sounds like you do a good job keeping up with routine maintenance. But if you wanted to be extra safe, I would still recommend having a qualified professional perform a thorough inspection of the entire vehicle for safety and mechanical issues. The technician will then be able to inform you of any concerns the vehicle may have and you can make your final decision based on that.