Q: Advice on what to do with the car that has a tank filled with fuel and lacquer thinner

I've just put 9 gallons of fuel and 1 gallon of lacquer thinner in the fuel tank. Should I drive the car until the tank is empty or can I leave it like that for a couple of days?

Leave it until the next day. The main thing you want to do is drive it reasonably hard. Either put a brick on the accelerator so it idles at about 2200 RPM and put a giant fan in front of the car to make sure it doesn’t overheat. Do that for half an hour to clean the catalytic converter. Or, drive it on a highway and keep it in a lower gear. Keep it in third gear so it’s going 3500-4000 RPMs when you are going 60-65 mph. This makes the engine spin more and then burn the cleaner through it better to make it last longer.

• Advice on what to do with the car that has a tank filled with fuel and lacquer thinner