Q: I need to figure out what headlight bulbs are needed for a 2016 ford Taurus

I want to if my 2016 Ford Taurus SEL has to separate light bulbs for low beam and hight beam. I bought 9012 replacement bulbs but I tried to install them the original bulbs says 9005 or am missing something when tried to change them.

Hi there. When purchasing light bulbs for the headlights low and high beams, look at the old bulb and compare it to the new bulb. The part numbers do not need to match, such as, getting a bulb from a local parts store will have a different part number than a dealership. If the bulbs look the same, then it will work. Also make sure that the luminance is the same. If you need further assistance with your headlight bulb replacements, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I need to figure out what headlight bulbs are needed for a 2016 ford Taurus