Q: Fuel burns and car jumps when stopped

asked by on June 25, 2017

Ok so I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra. Everything is good but when I stop at a red light for instance, my car literally jumps like it shakes a lot and it's annoying . Also I tend to fill up my car but the fuel is gone within one day . What is going on ? I changed the spark plugs and the coils

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Whatever is causing your car to run rough is probably also causing it to drink gas. Look under the hood for any vacuum lines that may be off or in bad condition. It’s surprising how many problems you can solve by just changing a small piece of hose. If you don’t find anything there, it could be that the fuel pressure is too high, or there is a problem with one or more of the sensors in the engine management system, it may be injecting more fuel than the car can burn. You didn’t mention a check engine light, but I’m thinking you should be seeing one. Turn the key on without starting the car and see if it lights up on the dashboard. it could be that your car is trying to tell you something, but the check engine light is not working. You can have the car checked out at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your rough running Sentra and let you know what it will take to solve the problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr