Q: Qashqai has delayed response when taking off then after few seconds it has loads of power 2011 Nissan Qasqai

Qashqai has a delay when taking off then after few minutes there loads of power

Hi there - your vehicle has a relatively small engine, which is also turbocharged - an "air pump" driven by the exhaust - to provide additional power on-demand. Turbocharged engine, especially smaller ones such as your, are subject to hesitation or "lag" while accelerating while the turbocharger spins up. If the delay you speak of is "seconds", this may be normal for this engine. If the delay is "minutes" as you also mention, there may be a problem with the fuel mixture while the engine is cold, which needs attention. Check for problem codes first, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. I then recommend a hesitating engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Qashqai has delayed response when taking off then after few seconds it has loads of power 2011 Nissan Qasqai