Q: Steering wheel and front end shaking between 50+ mph

I have had this car since July 2016. When the car is cold and I drive on the freeway for a couple of miles, the steering wheel starts to shake and gradually gets work. Then stepping of the brake starts pulsating hard. When I stop, I've got out and noticed my left front wheel is hot. Thinking it is a seized caliper. Now when I get in my car and drive it on the streets between 35-45 mph for about 15 to 20 min and let the car get warmed up, then turn the car off and turn it right back on then put it into gear I feel something slightly disengage in the gas pedal then a pop in the brake pedal, then I get on the freeway and the car drives fairly smooth like it should. And when it drives smooth the brake pedal applies easy other times it seems stiff. The abs, cruise control and trac control light are always flashing when i am at a stop but when i apply the gas they turn off except the cruise light. My main concern is the violent shaking. I replaced the pads and rotors, still shakes.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. The multip...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. The multiple warning lights illuminating on the dash is what triggers a red flag for me in your description above. The shaking in the steering wheel at the speeds you described could be tire, wheel balance or loose tie rod, or CV joint. However, it could also be the wheel bearings that are damaged and need to be replaced. If this is your problem, it could trigger the sensors on the hub that monitor the ABS, trac control and cruise control systems (which might be causing those lights to come on). The best option is to contact one of our mechanics to inspect your vehicle and take it on a test drive. This will permit them to recommend the corrective action to fix your Solara's issues. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform this inspection for you.