Q: Something scraping under car.

When I drive over a high speed bump or I make a sharp right turn over an uneven road, the front left side of my car makes a loud noise like something is scraping under the car.

A: Hi there. When making a sharp turn or going...

Hi there. When making a sharp turn or going over a bump our car tends to lose much of its ground clearance. If it is a metallic scraping noise then most of the time this is due to part of the exhaust hanging down too far and hitting the ground during these maneuvers. This can be caused by a worn or broken exhaust hanger. It can also be a tire rubbing on the fender as worn out coil springs can cause this. A mechanic would diagnose this by putting the vehicle in the air and looking for shinny spots on the metal parts of the exhaust or anywhere else under the vehicle which would indicate a point of contact. If this is not something that you want to do on your own then you should get some assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.